Virginia uses a wholistic approach to pregnancy care by utilising both Mizan therapy pregnancy massage, as well as Optimal Foetal Positioning techniques, to reduce common pregnancy discomforts and to help baby get into optimal position for birth which will reduce the chance of caesarean and the associated risks with this major abdominal surgery.
Benefits of Mizan Therapy during pregnancy
Treating yourself to regular Mizan Therapy is relaxing and enjoyable for both you and your baby. It promotes circulation, the abdominal muscles are relaxed and strengthened, so you can be ready to birth your baby.
- It can help to resolve the symptoms of SPD/PGP
- Relieves common discomforts of pregnancy such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, low back ache, sciatica, pressure and burning sensation in groin area, constipation, headaches, leg discomfort including varicose veins, frequent urination, incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Encourages the baby and uterus into optimal positioning to facilitate pregnancy, labour and birth (regular treatments can shorten the length of labour and birth, even for first time mums).
- Tones, strengthens and balances the uterus preparing for labour and birth
- Synchronizes mum and baby for birth
- Supports mum and baby relationship by stimulating an increased release of oxytocin, fosters bonding and prepares the uterus and placenta for labour and birth
- Increases circulation to mum and baby
- Reduces tension and anxiety
- Addresses emotional issues on a cellular level and sets healing in motion. In Primal Health, Michael Odent says that the baby’s immune system is developed in the womb and the hormonal reactions of the mother during pregnancy play a role in the health of the baby for the rest of his or her life.
“I had the most beautiful pregnancy session with Virginia to hep turn my posterior bub into a better position for birth using Mizan therapy and Spinning Babies techniques.
I felt calm, relaxed and most importantly safe and in good hands.
I’m so glad I had this session. It was gentle and very effective and I am almost certain it’s the cause of my very smooth and short labour.
Thanks so much Virginia!”
~ Rhiannon Cruz
Benefits of Optimal Foetal Positioning
“Mom’s job is to dilate, but baby’ s job is to rotate. When baby’s job is easier, labor is easier for mother as well.” ~ Gail Tully (Spinning Babies®)
- Release tight ligaments and muscles which can twist the uterus out of alignment causing pain, discomfort and misaligned babies, which in turn aims to…
- Open the pelvis and allow the baby to descend without obstruction.
So if you have been suffering from physical discomfort during your pregnancy, or you have been told that your baby is breech or posterior, get in touch so I can help prepare your body and baby to get into a better position for birth. (In the case of breech babies, moxibustion can also be used to help baby turn head down).
[Note: Virginia does not do ECV (External Cephalic Version) for breech babies. This must only be done by an obstetrician!]
Virginia has done the following courses in these techniques
Spinning Babies® workshops:
~within the Midwifery Today Conference in Byron Bay with Gail Tully (Nov 2014)
~1 day workshop with Ginny Phang: Brisbane (10th May 2017)
~2 x 1 day workshops with Ginny Phang: Sydney (August 2017)
~2 day Spinning Babies Meets Bodywork Workshop with Gail Tully and Marcello Windolph: Sydney (March 2018)
~4 day Spinning Babies Meets Birthwork Retreat with Gail Tully, Jenny Blyth, Fiona Hallinan and Marcello Windolph: Sunshine Coast (March 2018)
Mizan Therapy: ~5 day training Sydney (Nov 2017)