Do you need guidance, education and support during pregnancy? Would you like your own personal doula but don’t want, can’t or haven’t yet decided if you want a doula during your birth? Then you have come to the right place!
I used Virginia’s doula service for my third baby and what a different experience it was having her support throughout…Posted by Candice Adolphe on Saturday, 15 August 2020
What do you get with my Holistic PreNatal Doula Service?
You get THREE visits of up to 3 hours each and exactly what my birth doula clients get during pregnancy: Private childbirth education targeted to those who are motivated for a natural birth. At your place! In your own time! And at your own pace! With my 100% focus on YOU, and your partner, and with my 14 years of background experience as a birth doula and 20 years as a holistic natural therapist! No need to go to another venue miles away from your house, have your time taken away by the needs of other couples, or having to listen to some boring old biddy go through stale, processed information that she’s been regurgitating since the 90s.
Our time together will be personal, completely interactive, and flexible, and backed up by current, evidence based research. Here are some of the topics we may go through, depending on time constraints and your individual needs:
- Fears and beliefs around birth
- Antenatal testing – pros, cons, preparation
- Diet and natural remedies for pregnancy
- Birth planning & interventions
- Labour signs
- Hormones and physiology of birth, and how to use them to your advantage
- Pain management techniques
- How your partner can best support you during pregnancy, birth and postnatally (without you having to nag!)
- Positions during labour
- Natural remedies for labour
- Techniques to get baby into the best position for birth (“Spinning Babies” and Optimal Maternal Positioning)
- Placental birth
- Caesarean preparation
- Newborn hospital procedures
- Life with a newborn – breastfeeding, nappies, co-sleeping, babywearing
- Complementary lending library of over 50 books and DVDs
If you were to decide later that you would like me to support you during the birth (if I have availability), either in person (at home and/or in hospital if permitted), or remotely via video call, you can just pay the balance which puts me on call, I can attend the birth, plus see you again postnatally.
Otherwise, if you are interested in physical and emotional support AFTER the birth, ask me about my PostNatal Doula Service!